Skip to main content

Missing the yearly ritual

Mount Mary Church, Bandra


The anticipated yearly ritual came to a halt this year😔 The pandemic has been such a turn of events for every person. No one must have anticipated how the year 2020 would take a drastic 360-degree turn but as they say, whatever is supposed to happen will happen. Change is inevitable and we all need to adapt to those changes, even if we do not agree.

My mother is Christian by faith, it was a yearly ritual for us to visit The Mount Mary Church in Bandra every 15th August. The church is so beautiful and peaceful. This day every year, we would wake up early morning to reach Bandra, hear the mass, be grateful for all that we have, and offer our wishes.

I would not go home without taking a seat at Bandra Bandstand. It was the only time where we could enjoy the calm at Bandra as weekdays would not be apt for us. Nonetheless, if time permitted we would even roam around Bandra (for some shopping of course), that could not be missed at any cost.

One thing that I realised was that everyone at home used to be working, throughout the weekdays. Going to Bandra during the feast gave us the opportunity to take a much-needed break from our busy work schedules and spend some great family time together. The photo in the blog was taken same time last year in 2019 and I am seriously having a FOMO (fear of missing out). The feeling of not being unable to go and worship Mother Mary, unable to have a look at the fair, go to Bandra Stand and just sit quietly, or have Corn Cob, roam Bandra for some unnecessary shopping etc.

 

When it comes to working, we always keep our families over the back burner. We don’t intend to but it happens subconsciously. From the time I have started working I myself have dedicated most of my time towards all the work, all the energy and focus; the only time I could bond with my family or actually meet friends were the weekends. Whenever I was at Bandra, on this very day; my inner gut used to call out to me and tell me that family time is also very much needed. Work has its own place but the family dynamic can never be ignored.

 

Spending quality time is so much important. When the pandemic made its way to India and the lockdown was observed, the only positive thing I could take out of it was - more time with family. Since we were all at home, unable to go out and most of us working from home, the interaction with the family members increased. I do not think I have communicated with the same intensity any time before. Even with other close relatives, we see to it that we make everyday calls (be it normal or video calls) at least once and since then there is not one day that we have missed.

I feel the same with my friends. I would meet a few of them almost every day, but even though we could not meet physically we have our own schedule to get on a video call at least once a week (mostly over the weekend), talk over any stupid topic, have debates, make fun of each other and so much more. There’s never been a week we haven’t caught up. This also made me realise that there will always be friends who will defy all odds and always stay in connection, it is a natural bond. Staying in touch is key.


Well, we can all hope the situation gets a bit better day by day and everything gets back to normal soon. Don’t we all want to get out and be able to meet our relatives or our friends and go and give them a hug without having a cringe feeling or even any thoughts that hold you back? Just your plain emotions, all the pure love. The pandemic though causing havoc all around and disrupting lives has made us innovate the way we communicate and share across our feelings.


Towards the end, it is all about having a hopeful and positive attitude. See the positive in every situation, things do turn your way. Enjoy even the smallest moment of your life, you never know any unprecedented change can turn your life around. Don’t take anyone or even a relationship for granted. You need to put in efforts to communicate and express your feelings with family and friends. Reach out and help those you can effortlessly, as some people don’t even have the basic amenities with them. Do not ostracise people who have fought the Coronavirus and come back, salute their fighting spirit and learn from their experience. Take care of your family and yourself, stay home and stay safe.

 I would like to wish everyone Happy Feast of Mother Mary and Happy Independence Day to everyone.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular

Aloe Vera to the RESCUE!!!

Aloe Vera How to get your skin naturally glowing pimple-free? Apply aloe vera.  It is the most natural moisturizer you can find. It is easy to grow in your homes as well.  What you need is  Aloe vera gel, fresh from the plant. Cut one leaf and cut out any thorns on them. Apply directly to the skin. It dries off easily and is light-weight on the skin. Keep it for like half an hour (or more as per your requirement) and remove with just water.  After this procedure, you will feel your skin refreshed and glowing. You can even apply aloe vera gel to your hair. It is best to provide softness and moisturization. For this, you can cut a few leaves, take out the pulp and grind it in the grinder. Then boil the gel with oil and store. You can use it for a longer time. If you do have tips regarding any natural home-made beauty tips, then please go forward and share.

Beauty products I use

Touch-up! Touch-up! Every girl requires beauty products in their life. From a lip gloss to a foundation to what not. There are so many products that anyone would be astonished. So I am listing certain products that I use (some very rarely).  I love to keep it simple every day. Since it is winter, I rely on Nivea and Vaseline products. 1. Nivea's Strawberry Shine is great for lip care. It gives a strawberry shade and also a little shine on the lips. It can also be used during summer and it is really great. Price:  ₹ 150. Nive Strawberry Shine 2. I have recently bought Coloressence Liplicious Gloss. I have never tried this product before but I absolutely love it. I have taken a pretty pink shade and it's Amazing!!! It also moisturizes the lips. What else does a girl need? Price:  ₹  350. If you buy it from Crawford Market (Beauty Center) or the one just opposite Grant Road Station (W), you might get a 10% OFF. Coloressence Liplicious Gloss 3.

Leo The Labby

Leo is one cute Labrador, really loving, naughty and close to my heart. Why I say this? I always wanted a dog, but due to a few reasons, I cannot keep a dog. Leo is my brother's dog who has got this sweet little bundle of the joy. Main reasons I love this dog: 1. He is a real stress-buster. 2. Dogs require utmost care. The love and care you give them, they reciprocate more love and care back. 3. Dogs are cute and great huggers. 4. He is so lovable and has a great deal of excitement. Leo is so friendly that he will be friends with you in an instant. 5. His puppy eyes melt my heart. 6. Leo is greatly famous for all the kids in his area. 7. Leo loves to play and has a sweet tooth for ice-creams. But always remember not to hurt any animal. They are living beings but are not able to express their feelings. Love them unconditionally and they will give you more love in return. They will be your loyal companions, always by your side and will never leave you even when y